Learn how to record manual payments against Invoices.
You can add as many payment modes (cash, card, voucher, customer points etc.) to the system as you need.
You can split Invoice payments between different payment modes (e.g. customer paid half with cash and the other half using debit card)
Note: Garage Invoice will automatically record Invoice payments when customer pays online using PayPal or Stripe
How to record Payment
- Click on ‘INVOICES‘ option located on the sidebar menu (left-hand side of the screen).
- Locate and click on invoice which you want to take payment against.
- Click ‘PAYMENT‘ located on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Fill in the information: Amount Received, Payment Date and Payment Mode.
Optionally you can prevent system from sending Receipt to customer (check Do not send Invoice payment record email to customer contacts), provide Transaction ID and add note for internal purposes.
Click ‘SAVE’ to record payment.
- Note: If your customer’s payment is the full total, the invoice will then be marked with a green ‘PAID’.
If your customer’s payment is a part payment, the invoice will be marked with an orange ‘PARTIALLY PAID’.
You can record few payments using different payment modes (e.g half cash, half bank transfer or card).
Recorded payments (PDF’s) can be downloaded, viewed, printed or sent to customers.